Monday, July 23, 2012

a snow storm in August


Seasons of life, seasons of the soul, seasons of nature, seasons. I love this concept and seeing things through the lens of seasons. I love asking others what season they find themselves in, what the theme is of the season they are walking in. I love comparing seasons of life with seasons in nature. When I was an RA I themed my hall around the seasons of the soul. Seasons are how I understand life. But what about when the season is unclear? Like a snow storm in the middle of August.  

 “Lord, if someone were to ask me what season I am in right now I don’t think I’d be able to answer them…everything seems too scattered to put into words…I don’t really know where I am at.” My heart spoke.

But who says that in itself is not a season? A season of not knowing your season. A season of transition.  A season of finding a new normal. A season where God is hard to find, even though you know He is there [and in this you catch yourself focusing so much on the actual act of seeking that you miss Him all together]. A season where you aren’t seeing your growth but sense it gradually. The pot is stirring inside, God is cooking something up. When the time has reached it fulfillment spring will come and the bud will bloom, breaking through the callouses on your heart. But what if it doesn’t? God is still God. And life will still go on. 

Because seasons DO change, just not always in the “natural” order.

No comments:

Post a Comment