Sunday, July 26, 2009

i choose to love..

the Lord blessed me with the amazing experience of getting to fill in with the DBU rec team for the past two weeks at a preteen camp. there i met a brother in Christ, an illusionist, Drew Worsham. there i found out about a great movement/story of some of his friends. here is their story..

"When Jana and I first got married, we talked about adoption and how that might be something we’d like to do someday. Something we should do someday. I filed it in the back of my mind along with things like running a marathon, traveling the world, and living in our dream home. We would talk about it ever so often, and I would daydream for a moment, and then file it again, as if it was this distant place that I would never actually visit.

A few months ago, we daydreamed about it again. In the midst of trying for our second child, Jana and I imagined what our lives would be like with a kid who didn’t look like us. I’m the careful one. I always choose wisely. I calculate risk. That makes it hard for me to live the adventure sometimes. But Jana is the dreamer. So carefree and ready to drink life up no matter what it tastes like. So outside my comfort zone. I always thought that if we were supposed to actually do it, I’d have this Moses and the burning bush experience that told me to adopt. Jana is my burning bush sometimes.

After me being gone for a few days with the band, I came home, and she said “I’ve decided that it’s never wrong to choose to love someone”. If I’ve learned anything in our eight years together, I’ve learned to give pause to Jana’s seemingly “off the wall” insights. Believe it or not, I think that she and I are together for good reason. God has been teaching us a lot about loving people. I think it’s easier to love God than to love people. People are hard to love sometimes. A lot of the time. I realized early on that love isn’t a feeling, it’s a decision. A selfless commitment that requires much from it’s giver, and she was right.

We have the resources, the ability, the time, the desire. There’s no reason not to that’s greater than the reasons for choosing to love. We’ll be the first to confess that we don’t have everything figured out. First cars, college education, Weddings, and everything in between. I don’t think as humans we were meant to have it all figured out. If we did, what purpose would faith have? There are so many unknowns in the adventure we call life. So many choices to make along the way. But Jana and I resolve to live in the here and now. To not worry about tomorrow. And for this day, this hour, this time, we choose to love."


http://ichoosetolove.wordpress.com/


i hope that today and everyday you will choose to love.

"If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' love those who love them. And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' do that. And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' lend to 'sinners,' expecting to be repaid in full. But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked." -Luke 6:32-35

No comments:

Post a Comment