Tuesday, October 13, 2009

at home with His love

“Abide in My love.” John 15:9 NASB

You grow familiar with the surroundings. You don’t pull in the driveway and ask, “Where is the garage?” You don’t consult the blueprint to find the kitchen. To abide is to be at home.

To abide in Christ’s love is to make his love your home. Not a roadside park or hotel room you occasionally visit, but your preferred dwelling. You rest in him. Eat in him. When thunder claps, you step beneath his roof. His walls secure you from the winds. His fireplace warms you from the winters of life. As John urged, “We take up permanent residence in the life of love” (I John 4:16 MSG).

You abandon the old house of false love and move into His home of real love"

-Max Lucado


I'm packing up my boxes, renting my U HAUL and moving to a new home. You're welcome to come visit, but here's the deal..you have to promise you'll stay forever. I know you will because upon entry you won't want to leave. I will not put this house up for rent, I will not sell it, even on the days in which I want to be a child again, running away from home. But this home is storm proof, sound proof, indestructible I tell you. This house is built on solid rock. It's not going to fall. Here I will find rest. Here I will wrap up with my Security Blanket and just rest. Here I can just sprawl out everything, myself and just everything that bothers me. I can lay on the floor weeping. Here is my safe haven. They can't find me here. I don't have to be anything but me. I can hang the mask on the wall when I walk through the door. I am not being pulled like a tug-o-war rope back and forth. I stay here, content. It's comfy here, with a candle burning. Here I am home, rocking in my Father's lap in His massive rocking chair. Here He is holding me in His arms. He is quieting me with His love. My Father is wiping the tears from my eyes as He rubs my back. He is saying, it's all going to be okay. You're home..

Home is where the heart is, and mine is resting upon Your lap.



No comments:

Post a Comment