Saturday, October 20, 2012

nothing left to defend.

battling to believe truth amidst the lies and deception. false accusations are thrown out against me. attempts to defend myself have failed. they have sealed my mouth, unable to plead my case.

i have lost the will to fight. maybe what they say is true?

then i am reminded..

God is on His throne.

on His left there is one who prowls like a lion looking for someone to devour. my adversary. my enemy. a dragon. a serpent. a murder. a theft. a deceiver. a liar. the father of lies. one who has no truth in him. an accuser who is standing there  accusing me and my brothers and sisters in Christ. he stands there day and night. he is full of fury because he knows his time is short.

to God's right is Jesus, His Son. living to stand in my defense, pleading my case, interceding on my behalf. my Advocate. the One full of grace and truth. He is eternal. He is True. He reigns. He rules. His righteousness is my righteousness. His blood covers every offense of mine. because of Jesus, when God looks at me, He sees me through the lens of the cross. Jesus settled my debt..fully.

i see God sitting on His throne leaning to the right with complete attention on what His Son has to say, completely drowning out all the liar on His left has to say. my God is deaf to the accusations of my enemy.

because Jesus stands as my Defender, i have nothing left to defend.

when He said "it is finished," He meant it.

case closed.



"Let not those gloat over me who are my enemies without cause; let not those who hate me without reason maliciously wink the eye. They do not speak peaceably, but devise false accusations against those who live quietly in the land. They gape at me and say, "Aha! Aha! With our own eyes we have seen it."  O LORD, you have seen this; be not silent. Do not be far from me, O Lord. Awake, and RISE TO MY DEFENSE! Contend for me, my God and Lord. Vindicate me in your righteousness, O LORD my God; do not let them gloat over me. Do not let them think, "Aha, just what we wanted!" or say, "We have swallowed him up."" -Psalm 35:19-25

My One Defense, my righteousness, O Lord how I need You.

"Your blood speaks a better word
Than all the empty claims I've heard upon this earth
Speaks righteousness for me
And stands in my defense
Jesus it's Your blood."

No comments:

Post a Comment