Friday, January 6, 2012

life in the stroller..



today as I ventured on a run I had made it a few blocks when I saw a little brother and sister prancing around the street followed by their mother pushing an empty stroller. no sooner did I notice them did I see the boy face plant on the ground. his motherly glided to his side and tenderly picked him up and placed him in the stroller. as they continued on the boy inspected his wounds with a frown on his face and tears in his eyes.

Daddy sweetly spoke to me through this. It’s as if He was saying “Amy, that little boy is you. so many times in life you are prancing along and then something will pop up in the road causing you to plummet to the ground. but don’t worry Amy, I will always be right beside you to pick you up and put you in the stroller. your journey will always continue Amy. you may stumble, but you will never fall so far that I cannot pick you up again. Amy, just sit in stroller My sweet baby girl. let Daddy tend to you.”

as some of you know my dear grandpa bud went to be with Jesus a week ago tomorrow. although joyful that He is with His Savior, the past week I found myself going from prancing to smack dab face down on the pavement upon hearing the news and entering the whirlwind which followed. but, my Father constantly had me buckled in the stroller, because He knew I couldn’t walk through this alone. that my bumps, bruises, and scratches needed to be mended before I could even think about getting up to walk again. and He so beautifully illustrated that for me today.

I am so thankful and blessed for times when life knocks me down to the ground because this is when I am reminded of my uttermost dependency on Jesus, my desperate need to rely on Him daily, for EVERYTHING, even breathing..through the good and the bad. the truth is we are NOTHING without Him. our life is only found in the One who was raised from the dead to give us life, and life abundantly.

i guess in a way if a stroller represents our dependency on Christ we need to view it as our constant location. are you in the stroller today?

No comments:

Post a Comment