Wednesday, September 5, 2012

contradiction

i am a contradiction.
figuring it out becomes my mind's addiction.

wasting away, being restored day to day.
in losing my life, i am finding it.
content, yet eagerly expecting more.
am holy, becoming holy.
in being last, i am first.
at my weakest points, i am strongest.
my spirit is willing, my flesh is so weak.
i want to be known, i hide.
i am saved by grace, i strive.
the war has been won, i still have to fight.
set free, to righteousness i am bound in slavery.
released, a prisoner to Hope.
friend, stranger.
i have a manchine waiting for me, but camping in a tent.
loving Jesus, running to any other thing.
thirsty, Living Water is rushing over me.

when you take yours eyes off me
and turn your eyes upon Jesus you will see
that all my contradicting parts
fit together in perfect harmony.

No comments:

Post a Comment